World Wetlands Day takes place on February 2nd this year. What is the purpose of this global holiday and how can your hospitality business participate? Below are a few things you should know:
- The purpose of World Wetlands Day is to increase awareness.
- Wetlands are essential because they store and clean freshwater and are a perfect breeding ground for fish, providing a home to 40% of animal species; they also provide protection from flooding.
- Wetlands provide $47 trillion per year in services, making this the most valuable ecosystem.
- A mere 2.5% of the water on the planet is freshwater and most of that is frozen or underground. Less than 1% of freshwater is accessible.
- Humans use 10 billion tons of water on a daily basis, with about 70% of that water conserved for cultivation of crops.
What Your Business Can Do to Help
If you want to participate in world wetlands day, a good start would be by displaying informational posters. Here is a link to some free resources: https://www.worldwetlandsday.org/materials
Next, you can work on your own environmental footprint. One way to do this is by switching to as many eco-friendly products as possible. For example, consider some of these products from A1 American to swap out your current resources in an eco friendly way:
- 100% Eco-Friendly Towels – These comfortable and absorbent towels are made with a unique blend of ring spun cotton and recycled polyester. They also have an anti-microbial finish and are designed for durability, thereby producing less waste.
- Ecossential Products – From bathroom amenities to personal hand sanitizer bottles, Ecossential manufactures the products your guests want and need, without the environmental footprint.
- Sustainable Can Liners – You need a liner in those trash cans, so using a sustainable liner shows that you care to do your part for the environment.
Call A1 American today at 833.205.2200 to get the eco-friendly and sustainable products your hospitality business needs, and don’t forget to let consumers know the role you are playing in saving the planet for future generations!