Retraining your housekeeping staff will be crucial in the aftermath of COVID-19. You also need to be sure that they have the proper equipment to protect themselves and to destroy rather than spread any virus that may enter the hotel.
- Personal Protective Equipment – PPE is a must for housekeeping personnel. It both protects your staff and helps to avoid cross-contamination. For example, disposable gloves, changed between rooms, would decrease the risk of transferring an active virus from one room to the next.
- Thorough cleaning procedures – It has always been important for housekeeping staff to clean thoroughly, but now they must be sure to disinfect surfaces. It is not enough for the room to look clean. Viruses must be eliminated.
- Replacing bedding and towels between guests – Again, this has always been necessary, but now, even towels and bedding that have not been used should be removed and washed.
- Use mattress encasements on all beds – This is a smart idea to protect your mattresses anyway.
- Provide hand sanitizer for guests – Besides your hand sanitizer stations around the hotel, be sure that guests are provided with individual hand sanitizer amenities that they can use in the hotel and when they go out for the day.
Get Your Hotel Reopened the Right Way with A1 American
We hope our four-part series has helped your hotel learn what changes you need to make in order to open successfully for guests in a post-pandemic world. To learn more about the products we offer for every part of your hotel or to place an order, call 833.205.2200 today.