COVID-19 has struck the hotel industry harder than many others, and reopening is going to require a lot of advance preparation to ensure that guests feel safe staying with you. This series of articles is designed to provide your hotel with a reopening checklist to keep workers and guests as safe as possible. Today we will focus on considerations regarding your front desk and concierge services.
- Queuing – One place where your guests often come in close contact with one another is in the lobby while waiting to check-in. To help guests maintain proper social distancing, you need to have a system in place. One simple solution is to mark the floor at 6-foot intervals, so the next guest knows where to wait.
- Hand sanitizer – When entering the building and at the concierge desk, make sure that guests have access to hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer stations on each floor by the lobby can also remind guests to clean their hands before and after touching buttons.
- Disinfect surfaces – Throughout the day, be sure to disinfect surfaces that guests will come in contact within the lobby. This especially includes door handles, front desk counters, lobby bathrooms, and elevator buttons.
- PPE – Equip your staff with personal protective equipment that will help them to stay safe and avoid transmission to guests if an employee is infected but does not know it yet.
- Education – Clear signage can help guests to follow hotel rules regarding social distancing and other safety measures.
The Products Your Hotel Needs to Meet COVID-19 Expectations
A1 American has the products your hotel needs for your post-pandemic reopening. Call 833.205.2200 now to learn more or to place an order.