There are new parameters when it comes to having your hotel appear at the top of the list for search and sort on Expedia’s massively popular OTA. What are the updated metrics being used to rank properties?
- Criteria #1: Offer Strength – this is an all-in-one metric made to put customers first. The system will automatically measure factors like price, availability, and completed listing info.
- Criteria #2: Guest Experience – this will include your property ratings from users combined with things like refund rates.
So what do you need to do if you want to improve your hotel’s visibility on Expedia searches?
- Complete the property’s listing information with all the onsite amenities and services.
- Respond to positive and negative reviews and implement suggestions to prevent recurring issues from driving down your user ratings.
- Ensure your pricing is competitive with other hotels that offer similar amenities and services.
- Encourage guests who loved their stay to submit a review to Expedia (for example, include a link in your automatic communications following up on a guest’s stay).
- Provide the best experience possible for guests (which is really the best way to improve review scores).
The Right Supplies for a Comfortable Stay
A1 American wants to help you get those 5-star reviews with the help of our quality hospitality supplies. We have everything you need, from the guest rooms to the hotel fitness center to janitorial supplies that will help you get top scores for cleanliness. We even have essential care products to please travelers who want to see you are doing your best to protect their safety. Call 833.205.2200 today to get in touch with an A1 American representative and learn more or to get your order started.