Whether your kids are going to school or are schooling from home, you want to be in the know about holidays and remembrances. You don’t want to be surprised by a day off when you scheduled that big Zoom presentation for work. You also need to remember to check your local school district calendar because some of the days listed as holidays may not actually be days off this year due to the unusual circumstances.
With that in mind, here are the dates for school holidays and remembrances that most school districts will observe.
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 26th – Friday, November 27th
- Winter break – Last day of classes (approximately) Friday, December 18th – returning to classes (approximately) Monday, January 4th
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Monday, January 18th
- Spring break – This varies from school to school but is usually a full week in March or April – This year, Passover begins at sundown on Saturday, March 27th, and Easter Sunday is April 4th
- National Teacher Day – In the US, this is observed on Tuesday during Teacher Appreciation week, which is always the first full week of May. Therefore, in 2021, it falls on May 4th.
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31st
Again, these dates are based on national holidays, religious holidays, and other observances. Each school will set their own schedule of days off accordingly.
Essential Care Supplies for Schools During the 2020-21 School Year
A1 American is proud to help support education during this time of crisis. Our essential care products help schools to have the PPE they need for faculty, staff, and students. To learn more or to place an order, call 833.205.2200 today.