How can your hotel move forward with the essential trend of environmentally friendly practices? Here are eight tips to get you started:
- Assemble a team – find out which of your employees is the most passionate about the environment and create a team to implement your new eco-friendly practices.
- Start with the easy stuff – update your recycling program to make it easy for guests to identify the proper bins. Add a station in the lobby where guests can fill their own water bottles, rather than buying disposable plastic bottles.
- Add electric charging stations in the parking lot. Update your shuttles to EVs or hybrid vehicles.
- Make conservation automatic – enable smart rooms to turn off lights if the guest forgets when leaving the room. Have the thermostat auto-adjust when guests are out.
- Use sustainable towels and bedding.
- Conserve water – one of the best ways to do this is by installing showerheads that limit water flow.
- Install toilets that reduce water usage by using fewer gallons per flush. Some toilets also have a separate flush that uses less water when a guest is flushing less.
- Make sure hotel appliances are certified energy-savers.
Get the Supplies You Need to Meet Modern Sustainability Trends
A1 American can help your hotel to be more earth-friendly. Check out our sustainable products for everything from the guestrooms to the restaurant. Give us a call at 833.205.2200 to get in touch with a friendly A1 representative who can help get your order started!